Job Skills Needed
- Must be well versed in ribbon splicing, ribbonizing fiber, splitting ribbons
- Must be familiar with outside and inside plant fiber splicing and cable pulling
- Must be able to splice into live networks
- Must be proficient at analyzing traces to identity faults, micro and macro bends
- Must be able to trouble shoot
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Responsible with equipment, hard worker
- Ability to work under minimal supervision. And apply technical expertise to evaluate problems and implementing the best solutions.
- At least 2 yrs. experience.
- Must have flexibility to work day or night time shifts
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Clean driving record
- Candidates must be able to pass a drug test
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner
- Must be punctual, responsible and well organized
Must have experience with the following equipment:
- Fusion splicer
- Mechanical splicer
- power meters
- traffic identifiers
- digital multi-meters
- cleavers, strippers, buffer tube splitters
- cable ring tools, hand tools, toners
- Duct rodders, ladders, bucket trucks, etc.